Contact me at: email@example.com
Who I am
Here is the story of how I first became interested in God (with some random video clips thrown in to keep it interesting):
Having struggled with depression and anxiety for much of my life, I have often felt distant from God, and have even been frustrated with him for not showing up in the ways that I thought he said he would.
I’m still not finished struggling in my life and I’m often confused about what God is doing. But I have also come to believe that out of a struggle with God comes a healing, loving relationship with him. My struggles with anxiety and depression have drawn me into a deeper walk with Jesus, and given me a gateway to connect with other “strugglers”.
In fact, I love people who wrestle with God. In the Bible, God calls his people Israel, which means, he struggles (or wrestles) with God. I believe that my calling in life is to struggle deeply and honestly with God, and to help others do so as well.
- 1996. Began reading the Bible as an agnostic, during my junior year of high school
- 1997. During my freshman year at the University of Michigan, became involved in New Life Church
- 2001. Graduated from U of M and went on full-time staff with GCM at New Life Church.
- 2005. Moved to Orlando to pursue a Masters in Counseling from Reformed Theological Seminary
- 2007. Received my M.A. in Counseling from RTS
- 2009. Returned to Ann Arbor to work as a full time counselor for college students at New Life Church
Here is some ancient history that I thought I’d share: